Steve Schmidt, Lincoln Project co-founder, tries to keep the grift alive, claiming the January 6th Capitol riots were “profoundly more dangerous than the 9/11 attacks” and “in the end… likely to kill a lot more Americans” including “the casualties of the wars that lasted 20 years following it." Sam Seder and the Majority Report crew discuss this.
We stream our live show every day at 12 PM ET.
We need your help to keep providing free videos! Support the Majority Report's video content by going to http://www.Patreon.com/MajorityReport
Watch the Majority Report live M–F at 12 p.m. EST at youtube.com/samseder or listen via daily podcast at http://Majority.FM
Download our FREE app: http://majorityapp.com
SUPPORT the show by becoming a member: http://jointhemajorityreport.com
We Have Merch!!! http://shop.majorityreportradio.com
LIKE us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/MajorityReport
FOLLOW us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MajorityFM
SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube: http://youtube.com/SamSeder
Sam Seder: This is incredibly unhelpful, and I want to say...
Emma Vigeland: Unhelpful to whom, though, Sam?
Sam Seder: Well, I... yes, yes. To just about everybody's interests except for Steve Schmidt.
Emma Vigeland: Exactly.
Sam Seder: And the Lincoln Project. And by that I mean is, I take what happened on January 6 very seriously. It is highly problematic. There must be both, I think in specific situations, criminal price to pay, but there also needs to be a political price to pay for what took place and who was involved in it. ProPublica has come out with some findings that are very preliminary and reporting that that suggests that there was contact with White House aides between those people who crashed the Capitol and whatnot. I do think there are questions, there are situations where there is hyperbole that is unhelpful, just broadly speaking, but I think, I don't know that we've crossed that threshold.
I think there was unhelpful hyperbole about what some people call Russiagate because what happens is it makes it much easier for people to deny some of the realities associated with this, and that hyperbole was both on behalf of people who are promoting sort of wild theories about Russia and Donald Trump, but also on the people who were in complete denial.
Emma Vigeland: But this certainly crosses the threshold of hyperbole
Sam Seder: Without a doubt, without a doubt, and here is... That's my point. This is an example. This is destructive in multiple, multiple ways, to everything except for Steve Schmidt's bank account. Here is Steve Schmidt. Where is it? Where was this guy?
Brendan Finn: This is during a Lincoln Project broadcast.
Sam Seder: Yeah, so Lincoln Project, they're starting their own media company. So here is Steve Schmidt during a Lincoln Project — remember, this is the guy who was gonna hang with Howard Schultz for as long as he'd get paid, and if that meant Howard Schultz was gonna run in the general election, this guy was going to make millions. Probably still made deep into the six figures, but here we go.
Steve Schmidt: My friend Matthew Dowd, our friend, you know, talked about this. He couldn't be more right: The 1/6 attack for the future of the country, the profoundly more dangerous event than the 9/11 attacks, and in the end, the 1/6 attacks are likely to kill a lot more Americans than were killed on the 9/11 attacks. Which will include the casualties of the wars that lasted 20 years following it.
Emma Vigeland: Which wars though, Steve Schmidt? I mean it's interesting, or well, it's funny that he decides to talk about war there, given the candidate that he backed in 2008 who supported the Iraq War, given the Republican Party that he was a part of every step of the way that was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. They're responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of American troops, and let alone 9/11 itself was more deadly than the January 6 insurrection. I mean please.
Sam Seder: It's just, it's just bizarre. I mean it's a total disregard of course for the humanity of all the people that we killed like you say i mean uh we killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. Particularly in Iraq, but we also should say, when you talk about the torture regime, you talk about the increased spying on Americans, the spying on Muslims in this country, the increase in just the diminishment of our civil liberties... I mean we could go on and on... And to say this kind of thing makes it just sound, it's just a way for him to sell more videos or whatever it is that they're doing over there. It really is pathetic.
0 Comments